Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Life Obsession: FLOWERS

Of course, by now, you all now my love for flowers. One night a few weeks ago,  I just had to sit down and doodle. I ran across this picture of these really tropical, passion flowers. I tried drawing them and beautifully failed, but I fell in love with what actually came out. Example number one:


Since that night, I have been non-stop doodling flowers like my life depends on it. It's highly detailed and yet a little different than what I have seen out there. I am working on adding color to these pretty soon and then making them "pop." 
I just did this one recently for my best friend who needed a card and added blues and greens in the dots. It was really beautiful-  if I say so myself!

My absolute favorite one, the Cherry Blossom! 


The Daisy
Please forgive me, some of the images are on notebook paper and need to be transfered and cleaned, but I couldn't wait to put them out. 

Project: I recently bought this book, Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith. The mission of this book is to completely get your creative juices flowing by destroying this book. Hence the name. Everyday you have an assignment on each page, telling you what you need to do. Example, draw your surrounding while you're in motion, collect stamps off your mail, and bring this book in the shower with you. No, that last one is really in there. I don't really want to go through with it because I paid $14 for the book. But you get the idea, simply do something unexpected and creative. Do something you don't expect. Check it out if you can- you might need it to spice up your art life.

No comments:

Post a Comment